First opening of academic year at Ghent Uni Global Campus in Korea
(25-08-2014) 1 September 2014 is a historic day for Ghent University. The first academic year at our brand new Global Campus in South Korea will be inaugurated that day.
Ghent University Global Campus offers Bachelor's programs in food technology, environmental technology and molecular biotechnology. A permanent staff supplemented by a 'flying faculty' of Ghent University professors will teach the students. The programs are accredited by the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organization (NVAO) and by the Korean government.
At the Songdo Global University Campus, near the city of Incheon, 3 other American universities are active. By attracting reputed foreign universities to South Korea, the government hopes to reduce the brain drain to - especially - the United States.
- Official opening
- Speech rector during opening
- Rector Anne De Paepe: "Research besides education"
- Rector Anne De Paepe about the courses in Korea: "Biotechnology, environmental technology and food technology"
- Rector Anne De Paepe: "Why Ghent University has chosen Korea?
- Regeringscommissaris: "Making further contacts in Korea"
- Students at the Global Campus
- Timelapse Songdo
- View on the Global Campus