Each academic year two professors are recommended by the student representatives and selected in the Campus Council Meeting to serve a one-year term as ombudspersons.
The ombudsperson deals with complaints regarding the implementation of the Education and Examination Code and/or situations concerning educational or examination activities that are perceived to be unfair.
GUGC students can contact the ombudspersons with the following issues and concerns:
- Problems and complaints related to courses (e.g., class, practical, syllabus) and exams
- Independent mediation in case of a dispute with a professor or assistant
- Advice for illness or an accident of personal and family problems that affect student’s studies
- The rights and obligations as a student
- Concern on certain situations
- Part IV of the Education and Examination Code