[Job Posting] Professor of Inorganic Chemistry조회 : 218 재무인사실
PROFESSOR OF INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
Occupancy rate: 70%
Ghent University Global Campus (GUGC) the extended campus of Ghent University, Belgium, and the first European university to be part of the Incheon Global Campus (IGC) in Incheon, South Korea. Ghent University Global Campus currently offers three Bachelor of Science programs in Molecular Biotechnology, Environmental Technology, and Food Technology. Ghent University one of the top 100 universities in the world (ARWU 66th), and in the subjects of Life Sciences taught at GUGC we rank even higher. The campus is located in the Songdo international business district (IBD) where Incheon City Council and the Korean Government have plans to further develop as a world-class Bio cluster.
Please visit the Ghent University Global Campus and Ghent Univeristy official homepages to learn more about our organisation: http://www.ghent.ac.kr and http://www.ugent.be/en
This position funded by Ghent University Global campus is opened in the rank of associated or full professor (70 %) (depending of the CV and experience of the candidate) . For the further development of the academic career, please see ‘Appointment information’ below.
To expand our activities, we are looking for a 70 % full professor with experience in inorganic chemistry and green chemistry and technology to complement an existing 30 % position in this discipline. More particularly, we wish to strengthen our educational and research capacity in these fields.
You teach various course units in the disciplines of inorganic chemistry and green chemistry (and biotechnology- or basic disciplines closely related to this). Next to teaching theory classes, as lecturer-in-charge you will also be responsible for the organization of practical (wet-lab and dry-lab) exercises.
You conduct research in the field of chemical technology and more in particular on the development and applications of Metal–organic frameworks (MOFs)
You take part in the internal and external service provision of the GUGC research center of environmental technology and take up a leading position in the development of the bachelor in this discipline. Together with the colleagues affiliated to the research center and colleagues at the home campus of Ghent university you develop the GUGC center of environmental technology so that it becomes a center of expertise recognized in South Korea and beyond. Therefore experience with (inter)national research funding for research in Asia and South Korea is recommended as well as familiarity with education in South Korea.
Management and administration
- Undertake internal roles of responsibility e.g. contribute to committees and working groups, act as a mentor.
- Advice and support colleagues with less experience and advise on academic and personal development.
- Participate in internal initiatives/events to the benefit of the University e.g. open days, outreach activities, student placements.
- Act as a supervisor for the work of others, for example, research teams or projects or as a PhD supervisor.
- You have already conducted excellent academic research in inorganic chemistry and green chemistry in general and Metal–organic frameworks (MOFs) in particular which is clearly reflected in outstanding publications in national and international peer-reviewed books and/or journals;
- You have actively participated in national and international scientific meetings which are relevant for the discipline;
- You have the didactic, communicative and organizational skills to teach university students to develop academic competences;
- Recommended are:
o Affinity with lecturing in Korea to bachelor students
o Experience in supervising research and/or coaching Ph.D. students;
o International mobility, shown by among others research stays at foreign institutions;
o Experience in academic lecturing with positive evaluation;
o Professionalization in education.
o Experience with attracting research funding in general and Asia in particular
Skills / Attitude
- You are quality-oriented;
- You take initiative;
- You are proficient in English, both in oral and written communication;
- You are a team-player open minded for collaborations within both GUGC and with the Ghent University home campus
- You hold a thesis-based doctorate or a diploma or certificate that is recognised as equivalent (article V.20 Codex Higher Education).
- You have at least two years of postdoctoral experience by September 1st 2020. This term of two years is determined by the date written on the above-mentioned required diploma.
- We offer you a contract as a professor in the grade of associated or full professor depending on your previous career and scientific output.
Compensations & Benefits
- Salary will be determined in accordance to the Ghent University salary standards (https://www.ugent.be/en/work/talent/welcoming-new-staff/salaryscales)
- Bonus: Two bonuses in June (92% of monthly salary) and December (100% monthly salary)
- Transportation and Housing
- Private Health Insurance
- Leaves and holidays
- For international applicants: Visa support & Relocation
- Motivation letter
- Full resume(CV), including at least 2 references
- Portfolio (including the candidate’s plan or strategy of applying and obtaining research funds from outside)
- Copy of recent publications or papers
- Copy of the PhD and Master degree certificates
- Transcripts (overview of study results)
- Application deadline: 20th June 2020
All required documents must be submitted in English.
The documents MUST BE MERGED IN TO A SINGLE PDF file and sent to email@example.com
(subject line: Professor of Inorganic Chemistry_last name.first name.
INTERVIEW AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as the position will be filled upon finding the right candidate
- Interview will take place in stages from the first available time, possibly via video conferencing
- Selection process: CV screening-> Interview by the university selection committee-> Approval of the university board-> Formal offer by the GUGC HR