Junior teaching and research assistant (PhD student) in Immunology조회 : 77 회계인사처
Full-time junior teaching and research assistant (PhD student) in Immunology
Ghent University – Ghent University Global Campus, South Korea
Last application date: July 31st, 2018.
Department: Biomedical Research Centre BMRC, Ghent University Global Campus.
Contract: 1 year contract, renewable (max. 4 years).
Degree: A Master of Science degree with a strong background in Immunology.
Three year work experience is required for non-Korean applicants by Korean authorities.
Occupancy rate: 100%.
Vacancy type: Academic Assisting Staff.
Ghent University Global Campus, Korea (GUGC-K) has a vacancy for a position of junior teaching and research assistant, starting from September 01st 2018 (open to negotiation). It concerns a temporary full-time position for a renewable period of max. 4 years.
Profile of the candidate:
- You hold a Master of Science degree with specialization in Immunology;
- You have three years of proven work experience in academic research;
- You have laboratory experience in Microbiology, in particular knowledge of fermentation technology for traditional foods and alcohol;
- You have good understanding of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology;
- You have proven experience in teaching subjects mentioned above;
- You are willing to work with experimental animal models used in Immunology, obtain the necessary permits to do work independently in this field, and are dedicated to respect all ethical requirements and standards that are part of this work;
- You are highly motivated to conduct scientific research in an independent manner as part of obtaining a PhD degree;
- You have a strong self-learning ability and a creative and inquisitive attitude;
- You have an excellent academic track record, an excellent command of English, and good academic writing and presentation skills;
- You have strong didactic and communicative skills and a large interest in providing and supporting academic education.
- You design and perform high-quality scientific research related to the interaction between the immune system and microbial (pathogenic) organisms or their components. The PhD will focus on inflammatory responses induced by Trypanosoma evansi parasite and include the transcriptomic and proteomic analysis of key immunomodulatory and effector cells. Bioinformatics data analysis will be crucial to the completion of this PhD. Knowledge of biochemical pathways that govern host-pathogen interactions is a prerequisite to the start of this PhD;
- You publish your research results in peer-reviewed international journals and actively participate in international conferences;
- You teach undergraduate practical courses at Ghent University Global Campus, South Korea. Your task in education support will be mainly required for courses in Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular Biological Analysis, and Biochemistry.
Starting date: September 01th 2018.
GUGC-Korea is the first campus of Ghent University outside Belgium. This brand new campus is located in Incheon, South-Korea. GUGC-Korea integrates educational and research facilities in a single building. Ghent University has the ambition to organize a first-rate, truly European education in Asia and to develop excellent research in the fields of Molecular Biotechnology, Environmental and Food Technology.
The terms of employment at GUGC-Korea are comparable to those at the campus in Ghent. However, free student accommodation and a yearly travel budget are foreseen for non-Korean candidates. GUGC-Korea is an equal opportunities employer. This position allows promising scientists to carry out research for a period of 4 years. If successful, a PhD degree diploma will be obtained from Ghent University, Belgium.
Applications should be sent no later than July 31st, 2018 by email to Prof. Dr. Magdalena.Radwanska@ghent.ac.kr with motivation letter, CV, copies of degrees and proof of employment (certified English translations where applicable), an overview of the study results attached, and three reference letters. In case you did not graduate from an English-language MSc program or did not graduate from an EU education institution, a proof of English language proficiency should be included. Please merge all documents into one PDF file. A PDF version of the master’s thesis might be requested in a later stage.