[Job Posting] Senior Accounting and Finance Manager조회 : 829 입학홍보처
Job Title: Senior Accounting and Finance Manager
Ghent University Global Campus
Ghent University Global Campus (GUGC) is an integrated campus of Ghent University, Belgium, and the first European university to be part of the Incheon Global Campus (IGC) in Incheon, South Korea. Ghent University Global Campus currently offers three Bachelor of Science programs in Molecular Biotechnology, Environmental Technology, and Food Technology. Ghent University one of the top 100 universities in the world (ARWU 62nd), and in the subjects of Life Sciences taught at GUGC we rank even higher.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accounting and Finance Manager to join the Department of Accounting and Finance. This position will be responsible for managing, record keeping and compliance of all Accounting and Finance related matters and advice the Campus management daily basis about the regulatory and financial aspects of the operation. Specifically, this position will be required to complete monthly projections, the annual budget planning, forecasting and analyzing financial data and extract financial reports for management review. The ideal candidate should have experience overseeing a staff and managing the operations of multiple projects; he/she will oversee accounting and financial operations, short and long term budgeting, coordinating the compliance matters with governmental agencies. The post holder must have a thorough understanding of the Korean accounting and financial regulations for foreign universities set forth by the enforcement of decree of the special act on establishment of foreign educational institutions in free economic zones and Jeju free international city.
The position holder should plan and administer departmental annual budgets and monthly forecasts in conjunction with other Campus management and other Office managers. Provides historical data and projections as required for budget development and planning by senior management. Presents financial statements and variance analysis to senior management on a regular basis. Liaise with home campus finance department, Incheon Free Economic Zone (IFEZ), Incheon Global Campus (IGC) and Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) to furnish accurate financial reports.
This role will have a greater significance for the implementation of proper accounting and financial practices to the Ghent University Global Campus and preparation for the audit inspections by the governmental agencies.
- Oversees account reconciliations and production of regularly scheduled summary reports, income and financial statements for assigned accounting operations.
- Plans and administers departmental annual budgets and monthly forecasts in conjunction with campus management. Provides historical data and projections as required for budget development and planning.
- Presents financial statements and variance analysis to senior management on a regular basis.
- Oversees monitoring, review and verification of accounting records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness and completeness of supporting documentation.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, agency rules and regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develops implements and documents internal policies, procedures, and guidelines with the campus management.
- Handle all tax related matters for the University personnel.
- Liaise with governmental agencies, namely IFEZ, IGC, and MOTIE to comply statutory standards.
- Liaise with home campus to ensure smooth flow of financial report information to the finance department.
- Coordinate financial matters including but not limited to tax settlements, settlement of invoices from home campus etc.
- Liaise with campus management to ensure day-to-day operations of the whole financial services are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Manage the monthly payroll process of the University.
- Ensure all the expenditures, are up-to-date, and implement proper mechanism to track and record these data.
Along with the campus management, regulate and implement a financial and accounting code and good practices.
- Provide specialist support to colleagues including academic and administrative staff.
- Manage the financial processes, including purchase ordering, carried out by all Faculty staff within the research centers, ensuring their compliance with the financial regulations and procedures of the University.
- Oversee the financial administration of research funds and grants.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data producing draft reports identifying key issues that inform management interventions. Formulate recommendations and provide advice on the implications of the data.
- Monitoring of financial information against annual and 5-year financial plans. To hold regular meetings with the budget holders to discuss the reports, explaining any variances. Assist with the prediction of the full out-turn and help with suggestions on possible corrective action where required.
- Thorough knowledge about accounting software (i.e. SAP, QuickBooks) and Enterprise resource Planning systems
- A recognized university degree in Accounting and Finance or a professional qualification (CFA, CPA, ACCA, AAT)
- Moderate in English and Korean
- Average of 7 years of relevant industry-related experience
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Korean
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- A pro-active working attitude
- A strong sense of responsibility
- A great involvement and strong working ethics
- The ability to work independently and to function in a team
- Possess at least 5 years of managerial experience
- Must have the ability to use a variety of accounting/financial software applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget control including variance analysis
- Demonstrated experience with interpretation of policies/analyses/trends/etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff/faculty
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while balancing and prioritizing multiple projects
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to manage multiple projects, adjust to changing priorities and perform well under pressure.
- Experience working within a University environment is highly desirable
Conditions of Service-Summary
- Number of positons-1
- This is a permanent full-time position with initial 6 months’ probation period
- Work hours: 9am – 6pm; weekend work may be required in case of major school events (recuperation days will be provided)
- Accommodation-Dormitory is available and offered at a discount; not covered by the university
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as the position will be filled when there is a right candidate
Application Process and Interview
- Interviews will take place in stages from the first available time.
- The interview process will follow the steps of; Resume screening -> Shortlisting->1st Interview ->2nd Interview-> Final interview->reference check.
- The applicant is requested to send her/his application to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Senior Accounting and Finance Manager) as a single compiled PDF file containing a motivation letter, a full CV including two referee contact information (one been the most recent employer) and copies of the degree certificates and relevant transcripts.
- GUGC reserve the right to hold applications on file for potential future job openings.
- For submission of your file and any inquiries pertaining to this position, please contact us only via email: email@example.com