[Job Posting] (회계&인사) Junior Accountant조회 : 2,050 회계인사처
Job Title: Junior Accountant (including HR)
Ghent University Global Campus
Ghent University Global Campus (GUGC) is an integrated campus of Ghent University, Belgium, and the first European university to be part of the Incheon Global Campus (IGC) in Incheon, South Korea. Ghent University Global Campus currently offers three Bachelor of Science programs in Molecular Biotechnology, Environmental Technology, and Food Technology. Ghent University is one of the top 100 universities in the world (ARWU 62nd), and in the subjects of Life Sciences taught at GUGC we rank even higher.
Ghent University Global Campus currently seeking an enthusiastic young professional to join its team on the campus in Korea as General Administrative Assiatant to support the daily operational duties at the Accounting and Finance office. Working closely with all the administrative and academic departments, selected candidate will have to ensure the accounting and human resource records are kept up-to-date, assist the Accounting and Finance Office collegues in all Accounting and HR related duties to increase productivity of the department. This role is a vital part of the daily operation of the campus and candidate is expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of Ghent University Global Campus accounting and human resource practices and policy implementation.
Please visit the Ghent University Global Campus and Ghent Univeristy official homepages to learn more about our organisation: http://www.ghent.ac.kr http://www.ugent.be/en
This position comprises three functional dimensions: Accounting, Human Resource and Administrative. The job requires the selected candidate to record, process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, review and code financial information, prepare and process documents for payments. With the direct supervision of Accounting and HR Office collegues, assistant will have to carry out banking duties and maintain accounting and human resource files of the Ghent University Global Campus and its staff.
Assistant’s duty is to act as the liaison point between Accounting and HR Officer and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries. You will also support the daily HR activities and assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents.
Ideal candidate holds a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or HR background and has previous work experience with Accounting, Finance or Human Resources Management. Familiarity with higher education industry is also an advantage. For this role, you should be able to work well within the accounting and HR team as well as with other depermental collegues.
- Processing of bills and vouchers for purchasing and posting of all transactions.
- Organizing corporate card bills and collecting reimbursement forms and expenses forms from faculty and staff.
- Carry out banking duties with the direct supervision of the office manager (Tax payments, cash withdrawals).
- Processing documentation for new employees and entering information in to the payroll system.
- Handling all HR related queries from staff and faculty members on daily basis and provide accurate information in timely manner.
- Maintenance of the human resource data base.
- Assist in maintaining accurate expenses records for all the departmental and operations costs.
- Keep up-to-date records of the holidays, leaves of staff and faculty members.
- Coordinate HR projects (meeting, training, surveys etc.), and assist organzing inerviews, reference checks etc.
- Assist payroll preparation by providing the relevant data to line manager (absences, bonus, leaves etc.)
- Assist line manager in preparation of financial reports and audit inspections.
- Conduct initial orientation for newly hired employees.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Accounting and HR Office collegues to carry out any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post as agreed with the manager.
A recognized College or university degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Human Resource Management equivalent professional qualification (i.e. AAT, ACCA, CIMA).
Knowledge in human resource, accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
Ability to work with wide array of numeric data.
Sound knowledge in spreadsheets database software.
Basic knowledge of Korean labor laws.
Proficient in English (overseas education is a plus) – Majority of the staff and Professors are non-Korean speakers and therefore mode of communication will be English.
Microsoft Office applications - Strong Excel and word skills are required.
1 year of minimum relevant work experience. (대리급 이하)
Good written and oral communication skills.
A pro-active working attitude., and excellent customet service skills.
A strong sense of responsibility, and ability to work independently and in a team.
Conditions of Service-Summary
Number of positons-1
This is a permanent full-time position with initial 6 months’ probation period
Work hours: 9am – 6pm; weekend work may be required in case of major school events (recuperation days will be provided)
Accommodation-Dormitory is available and offered at a discount; not covered by the university
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as the position will be filled when there is a right candidate
Application Process and Interview
Interviews will take place in stages from the first available time
The interview process will follow the steps of; Resume screening -> Shortlisting->1st Interview ->2nd Interview-> Final interview->reference check.
The applicant is requested to send her/his application to email@example.com (subject line: General Administrative Assistant) as a single compiled PDF file containing a motivation letter, a full CV including two referee contact information (one been the most recent employer) and copies of the degree certificates and relevant transcripts.
GUGC reserve the right to hold applications on file for potential future job openings.
For submission of your file and any inquiries pertaining to this position, please contact us only via email: firstname.lastname@example.org