Junior Assistant (PhD student) in environmental catalysis and technology_MOF조회 : 38 회계인사처
Full-time junior assistant (PhD student) in environmental catalysis and technology
Ghent University – Ghent University Global Campus, Korea
- Last application date: the vacancy remains open until a suitable candidate is found. A first evaluation of the received applications will be done on March, 1, 2018
- Department: KR01 – Centre for Environmental and Energy Research, Ghent University Global Campus
- Contract: 1 year contract, renewable (max. 4 years).
- Degree: Master of Science degree with strong focus on chemistry and engineering.
- Occupancy rate: 100%.
- Vacancy type: Academic Assisting Staff.
Ghent University Global Campus, Korea (GUGC-K) has a vacancy for a position of junior assistant, starting from April, 1, 2018. It concerns a temporary full-time position for a renewable period of max. 4 years.
Profile of the candidate
- You hold or expect to hold by March 2018 a Master of Science degree with strong focus on chemistry and engineering;
- You have a good knowledge on chemical/environmental catalysis and technology – biology background is an advantage;
- Having practical laboratory experience with performing catalytic processes and/or have publications in catalysis and characterization of catalysts is an advantage;
- You are strong in mathematical (kinetic) data interpretation and analysis;
- You have good knowledge and skills regarding mathematics and modeling, and you feel comfortable with programming;
- You are highly motivated to conduct scientific research in preparation of obtaining a PhD degree in the area of experimental catalysis and modeling, with special attention to environmental applications;
- You have an independent research and strong self-learning ability; a creative and inquisitive attitude is a must;
- You have strong didactic, communicative and management skills and a large interest in providing and supporting academic education;
- Educational experience and participation on extra-curriculum training, conferences,… is recommended;
- You have an excellent academic track record, an excellent command of English (a minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT test), and good academic writing and presentation skills.
- You perform high-quality scientific research related to the physical and chemical characterization and application of catalytic materials, e.g., metal organic framework (MOF) materials, with the aim to deliver a doctoral thesis in the research field of environmental catalysis and technology.
- The scientific research includes both experimental laboratory work and the mathematical analysis of the acquired data. Data from co-workers will be used as well as reactions such as transesterification (application of MOF in biodiesel synthesis) and metathesis reactions (giving valuable industrial intermediate chemicals) are to be investigated.
- Mathematical analysis of experimental data is based on elementary reaction mechanisms and adsorption insights.
- You publish your research results in peer-reviewed international journals and actively participates in (inter)national conferences;
- You assist actively in writing proposals and grants – together with the promoter;
- Outreach activities are included. This corresponds to an occasional support for recruitment activities, open houses etc…
- You assist your supervisor in teaching undergraduate process engineering and chemistry courses at Ghent University Global Campus, Korea.
Starting date: April, 1, 2018.
GUGC-K is the first campus of Ghent University outside Belgium. This brand new campus is located in Incheon, South-Korea. GUGC-K integrates educational and research facilities in a single building. Ghent University has the ambition to organize a first-rate, truly European education in Asia and to develop excellent research in the fields of Molecular biotechnology, Environmental and Food technology.
The terms of employment at GUGC-K are comparable to those at the campus in Ghent. However, free student accommodation and a yearly travel budget are foreseen. GUGC-K is an equal opportunities employer. This position allows promising scientists to carry out research for a period of 4 years. Co-supervision is foreseen from the Ghent University home campus. There is also the possibility to carry out part of the research at Wuhan University of Technology, China, together with one of the colleagues of Prof. Heynderickx. PhD degree diploma will be from Ghent University, Belgium.
Applications should be sent no later than March, 1, 2018 by email to email@example.com with application and motivation letter, CV, copies of degrees, and an overview of the study results attached. Please use as subject: 20180301-PMH-MOF.
Please merge all documents into one PDF file. A PDF version of the master’s thesis might be requested in a later stage. The candidate will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the application.