[Job Posting] Teaching assistant/post-doc in Food Chemistry and Technology조회 : 114 회계인사처
Teaching assistant/post-doc in Food Chemistry and Technology
Ghent University – Ghent University Global Campus, Korea
Last application date: the vacancy remains open until a suitable candidate is found. A first evaluation of the received applications will be done on December, 29, 2017.
Department: KR02 – Centre for Food Research, Ghent University Global Campus
Degree: MS or PhD in Analytical Chemistry.
Occupancy rate: 100%.
Vacancy type: Academic Assisting Staff.
Ghent University Global Campus, Korea (GUGC-K) has a vacancy for a position of post-doc, starting from February, 25, 2018. It concerns a temporary full-time position for a period of 10 months.
Profile of the candidate
- You possess practical laboratory experience in analytical chemistry;
- You have suitable training to run instrumental analysis (HPLC, MS).
- You possess a suitable biochemistry background and practical experience in protein analytics
- You are highly motivated to conduct scientific research in the area of analytical food chemistry, with the focus on developing novel analytical methods of detection of camel milk components
- You have an independent research and strong self-learning ability; a creative and inquisitive attitude is a must;
- You have strong didactic and communicative skills and a large interest in providing and supporting academic education;
- Educational experience in teaching analytical chemistry, food chemistry or food science courses;
- You have an excellent academic track record in the field of analytical and/or food chemistry, an excellent command of English, and good academic writing and presentation skills.
- You design and perform high-quality scientific research related to the analytical food chemistry and technology of milk products. Your role will be to take part in analytical methods development for camel milk proteins and lipids quantification and design of novel camel milk based products.
- The scientific research includes both experimental lab work and the statistical analysis of the acquired data;
- You publish your research results in peer-reviewed international journals and actively participate in (inter)national conferences;
- You assist GUGC professors in teaching analytical chemistry and Introduction to Food Science courses
Starting date: February, 25, 2018.
GUGC-K is the first campus of Ghent University outside Belgium. This brand new campus is located in Incheon, South-Korea. GUGC-K integrates educational and research facilities in a single building. Ghent University has the ambition to organize a first-rate, truly European education in Asia and to develop excellent research in the fields of Molecular biotechnology, Environmental and Food technology.
The terms of employment at GUGC-K are comparable to those at the campus in Ghent, Belgium. However, free student accommodation and a yearly travel budget are foreseen. GUGC-K is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications should be sent no later than January, 30, 2018 by email to Tanja.Velickovic@ghent.ac.kr and Sami.Ghnimi@ghent.ac.kr with application and motivation letter, CV and copies of degrees. One candidate will be selected for this position. Please merge all documents into one PDF file. The candidate will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the application.