[Job Poting] Part-time post-doc and co-lecturer in Chemistry조회 : 317 회계인사처
Part-time post-doc and co-lecturer in Chemistry
Ghent University – Ghent University Global Campus, Korea
Last application date: the vacancy remains open until a suitable candidate is found. A first evaluation of the received applications will be done on December, 20, 2017.
Department: KR02 – Centre for Food Research, Ghent University Global Campus
Contract: 6 months.
Degree: PhD in Chemistry.
Occupancy rate: 100%.
Vacancy type: Academic Assisting Staff.
Ghent University Global Campus, Korea (GUGC-K) has a vacancy for a position of post-doc/co-lecturer, starting from February, 25, 2018. It concerns a temporary full-time position for a renewable period of 6 months.
Profile of the candidate
- You hold by January 2018 a PhD degree in Chemistry.
- You possess practical laboratory experience in analytical and/or food chemistry;
- You are highly motivated to conduct scientific research in the area of food chemistry, with the focus on developing novel analytical methods of detection of food components based on application of electrochemical principles;
- You have an independent research and strong self-learning ability; a creative and inquisitive attitude is a must;
- You have strong didactic and communicative skills and a large interest in providing and supporting academic education;
- Educational experience in teaching chemistry, analytical chemistry or food chemistry courses for a minimum of 5 years;
- You have an excellent academic track record in the field of analytical and/or food chemistry, an excellent command of English, and good academic writing and presentation skills.
- You design and perform high-quality scientific research related to the analytical food chemistry. The scientific research includes both experimental lab work and the statistical analysis of the acquired data;
- You publish your research results in peer-reviewed international journals and actively participate in (inter)national conferences;
- You assist GUGC professors in teaching undergraduate chemistry courses at Ghent University Global Campus, Korea.
Starting date: February, 25, 2018.
GUGC-K is the first campus of Ghent University outside Belgium. This brand new campus is located in Incheon, South-Korea. GUGC-K integrates educational and research facilities in a single building. Ghent University has the ambition to organize a first-rate, truly European education in Asia and to develop excellent research in the fields of Molecular biotechnology, Environmental and Food technology.
The terms of employment at GUGC-K are comparable to those at the campus in Ghent, Belgium. However, free student accommodation and a yearly travel budget are foreseen. GUGC-K is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications should be sent no later than January, 30, 2018 by email to Tanja.Velickovic@ghent.ac.kr with application and motivation letter, CV and copies of degrees. One candidate will be selected for this position. Please merge all documents into one PDF file. The candidate will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the application.