[Job Posting] Lecturer in Physics조회 : 814 회계인사처
Ghent University Global Campus
Ghent University Global Campus (GUGC) is an integrated campus of Ghent University, Belgium, and the first European university to be part of the Incheon Global Campus (IGC) in Incheon, South Korea. Ghent University Global Campus currently offers three Bachelor of Science programs in Molecular Biotechnology, Environmental Technology, and Food Technology. Ghent University one of the top 100 universities in the world (ARWU 62nd), and in the subjects of Life Sciences taught at GUGC we rank even higher.
Ghent University Global Campus is seeking a person who can teach Physics and Mathematics courses at the undergraduate level in our Bachelor Programs Molecular Biotechnology, Environmental Technology, and Food Technology.
We are seeking a person with a heart and motivation for developing courses and overseeing educational activities with regards to ‘Physics 1 and 2’ and ‘Mathematics 1: Engineering Mathematics. ’... We offer a 2year contract with the possibility of future extension (2years) depending on the organizational requirements.
The applicant is expected to develop courses in Physics (Physics 1 and 2) and Mathematics at the GUGC campus in Incheon, Korea. This includes developing course material, guided exercises, giving plenary lectures and overseeing organisation of the courses, next to organizing and coordinating projects etc. In additon, the candidate is expected to develop relevant lab-sessions with regards to Physics and to implement these in the courses as an integral part of ‘Physics 1 and 2’. Next to educational activities, the applicant will need to contribute to building out the GUGC campus with regards to education, research and recruitment activities of GUGC, as well as contributing to the overal operation of GUGC.
- PhD holder (plus professional experiences in relevant research fields) in Physics major. (or closely related field).
- Proven ability of teaching in Korea (with, if possible, good student evaluations).
- Willingness to accepting various tasks and to take initiative with regards to building out education and research at GUGC.
- Excellent English proficiency.
- Proven publication record is preferable.
- Pro-active working attitude with maturity to deal with difficult situations and a strong sense of responsibility.
- The ability to work independently and to maintain excellent team spirit is expected as well as strong working ethics.
- Willingness to work flexible working hours from time to time and participate in meetings outside of normal working hours is desirable.
Conditions of Service-Summary
- Number of positons-1
- This is a 2 year contracted position with a possible extension of 2 years
- Interviews will begin immediately and applicants are encouraged to apply
without delay as the position will be filled immediately upon finding the right candidate
- The applicant is requested to send her/his application to email@example.com (subject line: Lecturer in Physics) as a single compiled PDF file containing a motivation letter, full CV, and copies of the degree certificates and relevant transcripts.
- GUGC reserve the right to hold applications on file for potential future job openings.
- For submission of your file and any inquiries pertaining to this position, please contact us only via email: firstname.lastname@example.org